2/26/10

Should I use SSL for Hyperion Installation?

I am going to install Hyperion products for a client, should I enable SSL option? If I enable SSL, the confguration become not successful, if I don't enable SSL, the configuration is successful. Should I do something before I enable SSL during installation? Is it very important to enable SSL? If I don't enable SSL, after installation and configuration, will remote people can see and login the workspace without error?
--------------------
SSL is secure-socket-layer. The EPM Security guide mentions the steps to enable this properly. It is not needed to have Hyperion function properly.
  • It is required if the client wants all communications between the EPM system encrypted.
  • It is a more complex configuration to setup SSL. Some companies use load balancers in front of EPM to encrypt all traffic.
Regards,

John A. Booth

------------------------------------
If I don't enable SSL, after installation and configuration, will remote people can see and login the workspace without error?
------------------------------------
hi,
1. People can login workspace , even if you dont enable SSL.But the point is , its a protocol which provides security for communication over inernet/network
2. Recently we had done upon client interest,of course we ran into few issues.
3. There are docs available for SSL configuration, one can find it here
file name : Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management System SSL Configuration Guide Release 11.1.1.3
URL : http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E12825_01/nav/portal_1.htm
Sandeep Reddy Enti
HCC
http://hyperionconsultancy.com/